Lionel Messi VS Cristiano Ronaldo
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Messi vs. Ronaldo: who's better?

4 posters

Go down

Messi vs. Ronaldo: who's better?  Empty Messi vs. Ronaldo: who's better?

Post by Admin Sat Aug 10, 2024 4:09 am

Messi vs. Ronaldo: who's better?

Admin
Admin

https://abod.666forum.com

Back to top Go down

Messi vs. Ronaldo: who's better?  Empty Re: Messi vs. Ronaldo: who's better?

Post by Alice Sat Aug 10, 2024 10:41 am

Cristiano Ronaldo is often hailed as better than Messi due to his versatility, physical prowess, and success across multiple leagues. Ronaldo has more champions league than Messi, and Messi play worse than his teammate in the champion league. Besides, Ronaldo's goal-scoring ability is unmatched, holding records in the Champions League and for national teams. Ronaldo's work ethic, leadership, and ability to deliver in crucial moments, particularly in big matches, also set him apart. Besides, Messi did not respect people when he came to HK this year. But Ronaldo like his fans more.

Alice

Back to top Go down

Post by Bob Sat Aug 10, 2024 10:51 am

Ronaldo is incredible, no doubt, but Messi's magic is unmatched. He doesn't just score—he creates, dominates, and makes the game beautiful. Messi's got 4 Champions League titles, often being the key player.
As for Messi in HongKong, I was there in the training session. He did show up in the first section and then he felt unwell. Later he did not training with the team in the last couple of hours. The injury is real and this is normal in the world of football. There is nothing to do with the personality.

Bob

Back to top Go down

Post by Alice Sat Aug 10, 2024 11:09 am

Thank you for your friendly reply. I believe you're a calm and rational Messi fan.

While Messi was a key player in the Champions League victories in 2009, 2011, and 2015, he wasn’t as central in 2006 when Ronaldinho was the core.

I agree Messi’s injury in Hong Kong is a factor, but it doesn’t fully explain why he didn’t shake hands with the Chief Executive or greet fans.

Regarding the World Cup, Messi did a great job in the 2022 final, but I believe Ronaldo could have achieved similar success if he had better teammates in Portugal.

Alice

Back to top Go down

Post by Bob Sat Aug 10, 2024 11:16 am

You’re right about Messi’s role in 2006—he was still emerging then. But in 2009, 2011, and 2015, he was definitely the heart of the team and the heart of the whole tiki-taka style.

An interesting fact about the handshake: In the US, Messi did not show up in the match and when the journalist asked him to give a speech after they won the match, he said "Let those who played in the match speak.s

As for the World Cup, Messi’s performance in 2022 was legendary. Ronaldo’s talent is undeniable, and with a stronger Portugal squad, who knows what [could’ve happened]

Bob

Back to top Go down

Post by Bob Sat Aug 10, 2024 11:27 am

Also, Messi adopted the degradation of his body by playing in the middle rather than playing as a forward as he used to be in FCB. Messi can still be the player with the most assists in the next few years by playing smarter. It is inevitable for football players including LM10 or CR7. If you are over 30 you can not compare to these young players since they surely run faster than you.

Bob

Back to top Go down

Post by Bob Sat Aug 10, 2024 11:28 am

Regarding the Hong Kong incident, without all details, it's challenging to assess. Messi's World Cup 2022 performance was extraordinary, and while Ronaldo's talents are immense, team support is crucial. Additionally, Messi's unparalleled playmaking, seven Ballon d'Or awards, and his humility on and off the pitch further cement his legacy. Both legends have graced the sport, but for me, Messi's comprehensive contribution makes him the GOAT.

Bob

Back to top Go down

Post by Alice Sat Aug 10, 2024 11:30 am

Thanks! I believe tiki-taka isn’t about just one person; without Xavi and Iniesta, Messi couldn’t win any Champions League titles after they retired. In Paris, Messi was alongside Neymar and MbappĂ©, but still didn’t win the Champions League. Meanwhile, Ronaldo won the Champions League with two different teams. Messi has won the World Cup and Copa America, and Ronaldo has won the Euro Cup. They are both legends, and I dislike when people support one and belittle the other.

Alice

Back to top Go down

Post by Bob Sat Aug 10, 2024 11:33 am

Indeed. I’ve got to give Ronaldo credit where it’s due—his relentless work ethic, incredible goal-scoring record, and success across multiple leagues are nothing short of phenomenal. His leadership and clutch performances in big matches, especially with Portugal, are truly inspiring. Both Messi and Ronaldo have pushed each other to new heights, making this era of football unforgettable. I really miss that time when CR7 was still in Real Madrid and Messi was in FCB. #RespectForBoth

Bob

Back to top Go down

Post by Alice Sat Aug 10, 2024 11:38 am

Sure. I still remembered that time, at first FCB won more, then after 2015 Real Madrid won many champion league. To be honest, I believe that when it comes to the national team, Messi is better and surely a goat. But when it comes to the champion's league, CR7 won more.

Alice

Back to top Go down

Post by Alice Sat Aug 10, 2024 11:40 am

Thanks a lot talking with you. Maybe we have different opinions, just enjoy their last few games, hope they have great performance in the next world cup.

Alice

Back to top Go down

Post by Carol Sat Aug 10, 2024 12:11 pm

Clearly, Messi is better than Ronaldo in many aspects. Messi excels in both scoring and creating goals, with over 820 career goals and 350+ assists as of 2024. His goals-per-game ratio of approximately 0.80 surpasses Ronaldo's efficiency. Messi is the record holder for goals and assists in the top five leagues. His versatility allows him to thrive in various roles across the front line and midfield.

Carol

Back to top Go down

Post by Carol Sat Aug 10, 2024 12:17 pm

Messi is also better in personal honors.
He has 8 Ballon d'Or wins, compared to Ronaldo’s 5, underscore his consistent excellence. He also has eight FIFA World Player of the Year honors. With 11 league titles and over 15 years at the top, Messi’s ability to adapt and maintain his performance sets him apart. His success across different tactical setups, coupled with his consistent output, solidifies his reputation as one of the greatest.

Carol

Back to top Go down

Post by Carol Sat Aug 10, 2024 12:19 pm

Messi has won 4 UEFA Champions League titles and has been pivotal in Argentina's 2021&2024 Copa America and 2022 FIFA World Cup victories. With 45 major trophies, Messi’s influence in crucial matches and his ability to elevate his teams are key factors in his legacy, contrasting with Ronaldo's 34+ major trophies and slightly fewer league titles.

Carol

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum